I will admit, this blog breaks a lot of blogging rules, being several blogs in one. Mostly around Fly Fishing (fiction and non-fiction), other fiction stories, and photography.
Please Like, Comment, and Share!
This blog is how I get my fiction, essays, and images out there. I beg of you if you like a story or an article please Like it and/or Share it. Sharing an artist’s work is like giving them a huge gift. It’s a few button clicks but it means everything to me. Thank you.
Here is a break down of things on my blog.
I’m writing a book of fly fishing short stories. The draft is under the Still Falling tab at the top of the page. I sometimes post real adventures that I think will make good filler in the book. One of these stories was recently published on ginkandgasoline.
- Under the Still Falling link are my flyfishing short stories and novellas.~44,000 words so far. They probably are not all reposted to that page, if you want more click Fiction or Still Falling on the right.
- This is interspersed with other true stories of me bumbling around various rivers. If you want more click Fly Fishing on the right.
Other Fiction Writing
- Under the You Didn’t Know Me Then link at the top of the page, you will find my oldest short stories, mostly science fiction and magic realism. I just recently started writing in this vein again with A Small, Sharp Blade. If you want more click Fiction on the right.
NOTE: I’m abashedly unapologetic about the B&W scans here. The scans are un-postprocessed bulk scans so that I can evaluate the negatives for printing. Unlike many digital photos they are not an end product, but merely a first step, a rough draft.
I realized my Facebook page was largely a photography blog, and since I’ve owned gointothelight.com for a while and never done anything with it, I figured this would be a good start.
My interests in photography is like my interest in music: while everybody else is rushing forward, I’m looking back. Although I have a DSLR, I predominately work in medium format film photography, hoping to get consistent enough negatives to break out my 4×5 large format camera.
For me, photography is as much about the process as the product, so I’m exploring alternative processes and cameras to realize the images I have previsualized in my brain. That said, I think the path the individual takes is largely only important to the individual and many of these musings apply to both analog and digital formats. I’m also sure other topics will creep in here from time to time.
- On Photos of the Skykomish and Snoqualmie River Valley and are some of the images are going to another collection/piece/show/book I’d like to do which I’m calling From the Mountains to the Sea, about the Skykomish/Snoqualmie river system. These are labeled some of the most endangered rivers in the country, yet everyday most of you drive right by the most amazing scenery on them.
- If you want more click Photography or any of its subcategories on the right.
P.S. Who Are You and Where are You From?
WordPress gives me these awesome reports and I can see how people find me, where they live, how they found the blog, what pages they visited. I see people from Europe, Asia, South America, and I always wonder who they are. I would love to get comments from you!